In the course of 2023, NemHandel will transition to an eDelivery-based infrastructure, following the common European framework known colloquially as OIOUBL 3.0.
The announcement for the new accounting law came into effect on February 1, 2023, including the technical requirements for digital accounting systems. One of the requirements is that accounting systems must support electronic invoicing in both NemHandel and Peppol. Therefore, the Danish Business Authority (Erhvervsstyrelsen) will upgrade NemHandel to accommodate this change. As part of this process, the Danish Business Authority released a reference implementation plan at the end of January 2023, covering the upgrade until the final release in late November 2023.
The reference implementation plan can be accessed on the Danish Business Authority’s website.
The Danish Business Authority has announced that OIOUBL 3.0 will consist of the following elements:
- The NemHandel Register will be a central lookup register where NemHandel users need to register their address information.
- A specification of the implementation of eDelivery AS4, which is the authoritative technical instruction.
- The reference implementation, which is the Danish Business Authority’s specification for how eDelivery can be implemented in system solutions.
- Document specifications for OIOUBL electronic business documents based on the common European UBL standard.
- Validation rules that implement the OIOUBL specifications.
- A test environment with a range of NemHandel endpoints that users can use for testing data from their local implementation.
Source: Danish Business Authority
We stay updated on the transition to OIOUBL 3.0 and will provide information as it becomes available. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our support team at email email@example.com or phone +45 9696 1070.